Update 27th May: Commodores statement -
I am delighted to announce that Anglian Water have given us the green light to reopen on June 2nd so I am writing to you now with details of the way in which we expect to return to sailing initially, and the measures to which we will need to adhere. To put this in context I want to stress these things up front:
1) This will not be a return to “normal” as we knew it before “lock-down”.
2) We will need to abide by a number of restrictions, most notably those relating to government guidelines on travel, social distancing and personal hygiene. You will be responsible for your own safety on shore and on the water.
3) You may wish to bring your own ppe but we do hope to have some available if needed.
4) We intend to do things progressively. We will start onshore with the barest minimum of facilities and on water with informal leisure sailing onlywith no rescue boat cover. Over time, as restrictions are eased, we hope to be able to open up more of our facilities onshore, and on the water move to more structured activity, including some form of racing.
5) The water should be considered closed if weather conditions are forecast to be force 4 or above.But please consider your own limits and behave responsibly.
6) Club boats, kayaks & equipment will not be available for hire ( until further notice ).
7) Track & trace, please email email@example.com after visiting the club on each occasion with the times of your visit (in the event you may need to be contacted due to any suspected or actual Covid-19 outbreak.) If you or anyone in your household develop symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of visiting the club, contact the secretary at the above email.
8) If you have equipment stored within the sail loft this will need to be removed on your first visit to the club & not returned to the sail loft until further notice.
9) We may need to limit the amount of users on the water at any one time, so please bear this in mindand be considerate of other water users.
10) The club house & toilets will be deep cleaned before we reopenbut please maintain best hygiene practise to keep yourself and others safe.
11)Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel your safety is compromised whilst on site or have a recommendation for improvement for the safety of yourself and others.
General precautions to ensure the safety of yourself, other club members and the general public
Rigging and access to the water
On the water
Initially we will be open for unstructured leisure sailing only. We will not attempt any kind of organised racing”. In due course we hope to introduce some form of racing and details of this will be notified and posted on the web site.
It is very likely that over time our advice will be modified and updated. Updates will be posted here, on the Club Website so please do watch this space.
Best wishes, and stay safe
Tony Tye, Commodore
The committee is in constant communication and still holds monthly meetings (digitally) to check on the exact situation, we are doing our best to represent the interests of our members in this difficult time.
Thanks to some of our wonderful members we have found some virtual sailing activities to do online in preparation for the clubs reopening, you can find them here!